We’re seeking 10 people to participate in a service event at The Bridge in downtown Dallas on Saturday, April 13, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. We’ll take the first 10 who respond, but if there’s a lot of interest, we can set up another date.
We’ll need the volunteers’ names, emails and phone numbers to register you before the event. Volunteers must be over the age of 14, and we would need to let them know ahead of time if anyone is between 14 and 17 years old.
• All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes – NO SANDALS.
• Dress comfortably and modestly – shorts must be to the knees, no bare midriffs, skimpy tops or exposed cleavage.
• Long hair must be pulled back or pinned up – no hair may be touching the collar or hanging loosely about the face.
• Bring a ball hat, or you may be asked to wear a hair-net.
• We appreciate you arriving at your designated time: 7 am for Breakfast, 11:30 am for Lunch, or 5:30 pm for Dinner. More than 15-20 minutes late creates difficulty in coordinating the group to open our doors on time.
• Second Chance Café is located at 1818 Corsicana Street, Dallas, TX 75201.
• Parking is in the adjacent lot to The Bridge at the southeast corner of Corsicana and St. Paul.
• Entrance to the complex is at the NORTH GATE accessible from the parking lot. There should be a security guard there to let you in. If not, call the number listed on the gate, which is 214-846-9538.
• Once in the gate, turn right. Second Chance Café is at the end of the breeze way.
• A Stewpot meal service coordinator will be there to greet you, facilitate check in, insure various duties are covered, and answer questions.
The Stewpot has served regular meals to homeless individuals since 1975. In May 2008, we moved our meals services to The Bridge Homeless Assistance Center (three blocks south of The Stewpot) where we partner with Dallas area homeless service providers to help individuals move from homelessness to stability and housing! The Stewpot continues to offer casework services and children and youth programs at First Presbyterian Church’s Community Ministries Building.
Through Second Chance Café at The Bridge, The Stewpot offers three meals a day, seven days a week and approximately 1000 meals each day. Volunteers dish out food and pour beverages for our guests once they are seated. Volunteers are asked to arrive at 7 am for Breakfast, 11:30 am for Lunch and 5:30 pm for Dinner.